Suite 100, 3491 Saanich Road
Victoria BC, V8W 1K7
- Oshio College was established in Victoria, BC, Canada in 1999. We are Victoria’s oldest and most well established College of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Presently, there are first year through to fifth year classes running concurrently. We have 3 regular intake sessions per year; with January, May and September starting times.
- Oshio College has been accredited by the Private Career Training Institutions Agency (PCTIA) since November, 2001. See the PCTIA web site at www.pctia.bc.ca
- We are designated in British Columbia and other provinces as an “eligible Institution” under the Canada Student Loans Act.
- We now have two Victoria campuses: the Saanich Road location, at Suite #100, 3491 Saanich Road (just across from Uptown Plaza), and the Clinic at #110-1595 McKenzie Ave. **Please note: our former Yates Street location has closed on Friday Jan 31st, and we have now moved to our new location at 3491 Saanich Road.
Our mission statement: The purpose of Oshio College is to achieve a higher standard of education and professionalism within the practice of Traditional Chinese Medicine. The intent of the college is: To provide a high level of education with a five year program culminating in the designation “Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine.” To provide a 3 year academic program in Acupuncture and a 4 year program toward designation as a TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) Practitioner. Students graduating from these programs will be eligible to write the provincial Board Exams to become Registered Acupuncturists, or Registered TCM Practitioners, respectively. To provide a Traditional Chinese Therapeutic Tui-na Massage program. To make available to the public clinical services utilizing Acupuncture and herbal medicine in order to provide opportunities for our students to observe the application of these techniques. To meet and exceed the requirements of the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of British Columbia Provincial Licensing Board (CTCMA). The BC governing body is now commencing the registration of practitioners at four levels: Acupuncturist (R.Ac.), TCM Herbalist (R.TCM.H), TCM Practitioner (R.TCM.P), and Doctor of TCM (R. DTCM). Please go to www.ctcma.bc.ca for more information. The main goal of Oshio College of Acupuncture and Herbology is to graduate the most highly skilled competent practitioners of Traditional Oriental Medicine.